Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Louisiana


Louisiana is known for its culture. The different types of people, food, and atmosphere, which make up the culture of Louisiana, truly separate it from any other place I have been. I feel this diversity of culture is what gives the people who live in this great state the awesome outlook on life they have. With so many characters in one place, greatness is bound to come out of the crowd. Many great musician, athletes, and artists have come from Louisiana. The artists who come out of Louisiana are truly able to capture its brilliance and character in their work. The task of capturing these aspects of Louisiana is not an easy task, but paintings and pictures of the everyday lives and activities of the people of this state are the best ways for people to understand us. If i had to take one picture which i felt explained Louisiana it would be a picture of my family. Family is at the core of every Louisianan’s morals and way of life. We put God first and family second. It is the structure on which we sculpt our lives and the reason we all work so hard. Being from the small town of St.Bernard parish on the outskirts of New Orleans, I experienced the family aspect of Louisiana even more than most people. Our small town was just like one big close knit family. Since this is the environment I grew up in, I feel this is the best way to visual represent exactly what Louisiana means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment